Biography of Jon Stewar
Jon Stewar is one of the very famous and most trending personality now-a-days in different social medias and on Internet as well. Moreover, he is famous as an American comedian, writer, producer, director, activist, political commentator, actor, and television host. Likewise, he hosted The Daily Show, a satirical news program on Comedy Central, from 1999 to 2015.
Furthermore, Stewart started as a stand-up comedian but branched into television as host of Short Attention Span Theater for Comedy Central. Moreover, he went on to host The Jon Stewart Show and then You Wrote It, You Watch It, both on MTV.
Early life of Jon Stewar
Moreover, Jon Stewart was born Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz on November 28, 1962, in New York City, to Marian (née Laskin). Similarly, a teacher and later educational consultant, and Donald Leibowitz, a professor of physics at The College of New Jersey and Thomas Edison State College. Furthermore, Stewart’s family are Jewish immigrants to America from Poland, Ukraine and Belarus. Likewise, one of his grandfathers was born in Manzhouli (now part of Inner Mongolia). Moreover, he is the second of four sons, with older brother Lawrence and younger brothers Dan and Matthew
Personal life of Jon Stewar
Stewart is Jewish by ethnicity but is irreligious. Similarly, while making the 1997 film Wishful Thinking, a production assistant on the film set Stewart up on a blind date with Tracey Lynn McShane. They dated for four years. Moreover, Stewart proposed to her through a personalized crossword puzzle created with the help of Will Shortz, the crossword editor at The New York Times. Similarly, they married in 2000. Furthermore, on June 19, 2001, Stewart and his wife filed a joint name change application and legally changed both of their surnames to “Stewart”. Likewise, with the help of in vitro fertilization, the couple has two children.
Overview of Jon Stewar (16)
- Full Name Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz
- Nick Name: Jon Stewart
- Date of Birth: November 28, 1962
- Age: 56
- Birth Place: New York City, New York, U.S.
- Medium: Stand-up, television, film, books
- Education: Lawrence High School
- Alma mater: College of William & Mary
- Years active: 1987–present
- Height: 1.69 m
- Books: America (The Book): A Citizen’s Guide to Democracy Inaction, etc
- Genres: Political/news satire, observational comedy, blue comedy, surreal humor, insult comedy, deadpan
- Subject(s): Mass media/news media/media criticism, American politics, Jewish culture, current events, pop culture
- Spouse: Tracey McShane (m. 2000)
- Children: 2
- Net Worth: $80 million
CV Read More John Dean
Reference Jon Stewart