Nancy Wilson Overview
- Full Name: Nancy Sue Wilson
- Nicknames: Fancy Miss Nancy, Sweet Nancy, The Baby
- Born: February 20, 1937,
- Birthplace: Chillicothe, Ohio, United States
- Died: December 13, 2018
- Occupation: Guitarist, Songwriter, Singer
- Spouse: Reverend Wiley Burton (m. 1974–2008), Kenny Dennis (m. 1960–1970)
- Children: Sheryl Burton, Samantha Burton, Kenneth (Kacy) Dennis, Jr.
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
Nancy Wilson was born on February 20, 1937, in Chillicothe, Ohio as Nancy Sue Wilson. She was an American singer whose zodiac sign is Pisces.
Nancy Wilson was an American singer whose career spanned over five decades, from the mid–1950s until her retirement in the early–2010s.
When Nancy was 15, she won TV-talent show and appearing regularly on the Tv show “Skyline Melodies”. She began working in nightclubs at that same age.
When she graduated from high school, the 17-year old Nancy matriculated for one year at Ohio’s Central State College (now Central State University) before dropping out and becoming a professional singer.
Moreover, she recorded her first record with Rusty Bryant’s Carolyn Club Big Band in 1956, with whom she toured from 1956 to 1958. While in the group, Nancy made her first recording with Dot Records.
Nancy was married twice, to drummer Kenny Dennis from 1960-70. They had one child. She married the Presbyterian minister Wiley Burton in 1973. Married 35 years until his death in 2008, they had two children.
Cause of Death
Facts of Nancy Wilson
- She was a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority.
- Grammy Award Winner for Best New Artist, 1964.
- Nancy attended and graduated from West High School in Columbus, Ohio (1954).
- Received honorary degrees from Berklee College of Music and Central State University.