Biography of Bison Dele
Bison Dele was an American professional basketball player who played centre. He was born on April 6 1969, whose birth name was Brian Carson Williams. He played for the NBA’s Orlando Magic, Denver Nuggets, Los Angeles Clippers, Chicago Bulls and Detroit Pistons.
The early life of Bison Dele
Williams was born in Fresno, California, the second son of Patricia Phillips and of singer Eugene “Geno” Williams Jr. of the musical group The Platters, who later divorced. Patricia Phillips remarried and raised her two sons in Fresno until that marriage ended when Brian was in junior high.
Disappearance in the South Pacific
On July 6, 2002, Dele and his girlfriend, Serena Karlan, along with skipper Bertrand Saldo, sailed from Tahiti on Dele’s catamaran, the Hukuna Matata. Dele’s brother, Miles Dabord (born Kevin Williams), was the only person involved in the voyage who was seen or heard from after July 8, 2002, when the last of three satellite phone calls from the voyage was made. Dele and Karlan had previously kept regular contact with their banks and family members. On July 20, Dabord brought the boat into Tahiti; he was alone aboard the vessel.
Net Worth of Dele
Before his untimely death, Bison Dele had a net worth of $20 million which he mainly made from his professional career in basketball. Before he announced his retirement, he was playing for Detroit Piston and was the highest-paid player of the club. Furthermore, he had signed the contract of five years which would have earned him $36.45 million during that time.
Overview of Bison Dele (16)
- Full Name: Brian Carson Williams
- Date of Birth: April 6, 1969
- Birth Place: Fresno, California
- Date of Death: presumed dead on July 7, 2002
- Aged: 33
- Death Place: Tahiti, French Polynesia
- Nationality: American
- Listed height: 6 ft 10 in (2.08 m)
- Listed weight: 260 lb (118 kg)
- Education: The University of Arizona, St. Monica Catholic High School, Saint Monica Catholic High School
- Parents: Patricia Phillips, Eugene Williams
- NBA draft: 1991 / Round: 1 / Pick: 10th overall
- Selected by: the Orlando Magic
- Playing career: 1991–1999
- Position: Center
- Net worth: $20 million
CV Read More Jim Sensenbrenner
Reference Net Worth of Bison Dele