Table of Contents
Devean George is a retired American professional basketball player who played 11 seasons in the NBA. He won three NBA championships during his time with the Los Angeles Lakers.
Early Life & College
Similarly, he was born on August 29, 1977. Further, he is now 41 years. He attended high school at Benilde-St. Margaret’s School in St. Louis Park, Minnesota, where he played basketball. Further, during his college career at Augsburg College, George was named Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Most Valuable Player two consecutive years (1997–98 and 1998–99), and set school records as a senior by scoring 770 points and averaging 27.5 ppg in leading Augsburg to 24–4 record and the NCAA Division III tournament for the second year in a row.
Likewise, he was taken by the Lakers with the 23rd overall pick of the 1999 NBA Draft, and showed considerable promise, especially by his third season where his hustle, outside shooting, and defence made him a key substitute and he appeared in every single game.
In 2012, George announced a proposal for an affordable apartment project in Minneapolis. Moreover, on September 7, 2014, Devean and three former Augsburg teammates captured the Gus Macker 3-on-3 “Next Step Down” bracket, the championship in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Overview of Devean George (16)
- Full Name: Devean George
- Date of Birth: August 29, 1977
- Age: 41
- Birth Place: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Nationality: American
- Listed height: 6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)
- Listed weight: 235 lb (107 kg)
- High school: Benilde-St. Margaret’s School (St. Louis Park, Minnesota)
- College: Augsburg (1995–1999)
- NBA draft: 1999 / Round: 1 / Pick: 23rd overall
- Selected by: the Los Angeles Lakers
- Playing career: 1999–2010
- Position: Shooting guard / Small forward
- NBA draft: 1999, Los Angeles Lakers (Round: 1 / Pick: 23)
- Salary: 1.6 million USD (2009)
- Net Worth: $100K-1M (Approx.)
CV Read More Tom McClintock
Reference Net Worth of Devean George