Mo Williams is an American former professional basketball player who played 13 seasons in the National Basketball Association (NBA). After a successful high school career at Murrah High School, Williams attended college at the University of Alabama, where he led his team as a freshman to a 27–8 record, and also shared an SEC regular-season championship. After two seasons at Alabama, Williams entered the 2003 NBA draft where he was selected with the 47th overall pick by the Utah Jazz.
Williams attended college at the University of Alabama under Mark Gottfried. In 2002 as a freshman, he started every game at point guard. Williams averaged 10.4 points and 4.5 assists per game. His play helped lead the Crimson Tide to a 27–8 record, including a 17–0 home record, and the SEC regular-season championship. Williams and the Crimson Tide entered the NCAA tournament as a No. 2 seed, where they lost to Kent State 71–58 in the second round. Williams led the team in scoring and assists, averaging 16.4 points and 3.8 assists per game for the 2003 season, which ended in a first-round loss in the NCAA tournament to Indiana. He subsequently earned third-team All-SEC. After two seasons, Williams decided to forgo his final two years at Alabama and enter the 2003 NBA draft.
Utah Jazz (2003–2004)
Williams was selected by the Utah Jazz in the second round, 47th overall of the 2003 NBA draft. He averaged 5 points and 1.3 assists for the Jazz in his rookie season.
Milwaukee Bucks (2004–2008)
On August 8, 2004, the Milwaukee Bucks signed Williams, who was a restricted free agent, to an offer sheet. On August 21, the Jazz decided to not match the Bucks’ offer.
Filling in for Bucks’ injured starting point guard T. J. Ford, Williams averaged 10.2 points and 6.1 assists during the 2004–05 season. In his new role coming off the bench for the up-and-coming Bucks team, he showed a knack for clutch plays, making several game-winning shots in the 2005–06 season
In May 2018, Williams was named an assistant coach for the Cal State Northridge Matadors men’s basketball team, effectively ending his playing career.
- Full Name: Maurice Williams
- Date of Birth: December 19, 1982
- Age: 37 years
- Birth Place: Jackson, Mississippi, United States
- Spouse: Keisha Williams (m since 2008)
- Salary: 2.194 million USD (since 2017)
- Number: 52 (Cleveland Cavaliers / Point guard, Shooting guard), etc.
- Children: Maurice Williams Jr, Kydarius Williams, Mason Williams
- Position: Assistant coach
- League: Big West Conference
- Nationality: American
- Listed height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)
- Listed weight: 198 lb (90 kg)
- High school: Murrah (Jackson, Mississippi)
- College: Alabama (2001–2003)
- NBA draft: 2003 / Round: 2 / Pick: 47th overall
- Selected by the Utah Jazz
- Playing career: 2003–2017
- Position: Point guard
- Number: 25, 2, 5, 7, 52
- Net Worth: $20 Million
CV Read More Tony Atlas
Reference Net Worth of Mo Williams