Biography of Mel B
Mel B is one of the very famous and most trending personality now-a-days in different social medias and on Internet as well. Moreover, she is famous as an British television personality, singer, actress and author. Likewise, Brown rose to prominence in the 1990s as a member of the girl group Spice Girls, in which she was nicknamed Scary Spice. Similarly, with over 85 million records sold worldwide, the group became the best-selling female group of all time.
Early life of Mel B
Mel B is born on May 29, 1975 as Melanie Janine Brown in Harehills, Leeds. Further, she grew up in the Burley area of the city, the daughter of Andrea (née Dixon) and Martin Brown. Moreover, she is now 43 years old. Similarly, her father is from the Caribbean island nation of Saint Kitts and Nevis; her mother is British. Through her mother, Brown is a first cousin of actor and director Christian Cooke. Cooke’s mother, Di, and Brown’s mother, Andrea, are sisters. Further, Brown studied performing arts at Intake High School in Leeds before entering the entertainment industry. For a time, she worked as a dancer in Blackpool, Lancashire. Beside, after seeing an advertisement for an audition in a newspaper, Brown started her music career in a band known as Touch. Moreover, the group left the original management team and eventually teamed up with music manager Simon Fuller.
Personal life of Mel B
From 1996 to 1997, Brown dated Icelandic businessman Fjölnir Thorgeirsson. Moreover, in March 1998, while on the Spiceworld Tour, Brown began a relationship with Dutch dancer Jimmy Gulzar. Similarly, the couple became engaged on 13 May 1998. Moreover, their daughter, Phoenix Chi Gulzar, was born on 19 February 1999. Further, Brown filed for divorce in 2000, and the divorce was finalized later that year. Moreover, Brown won custody, and paid an alimony settlement of $2.8m to Gulzar. Basically, Gulzar was prosecuted for threatening Brown and attacking her sister, Danielle, in August 2001. Further, he was found guilty of the assault, but was later cleared by the court. Moreover, in 2000, Brown began a relationship with actor Max Beesley; the couple dated for two years.
Overview of Mel B (16)
- Full Name: Melanie Janine Brown
- Nick Name: Melanie B Scary Spice, Mel B
- Date of Birth: May 29, 1975
- Age: 47 years
- Birth Place: Harehills, Leeds, United Kingdom
- Albums: Spice, Hot, L.A. State of Mind, Reimagined, MORE
- Children: Madison Brown Belafonte, Angel Iris Murphy Brown, Phoenix Chi Gulzar
- Residence: Los Angeles, California, U.S.
- Education: Intake High School
- Profession: Television personality, singer, actress, author
- Active Years: 1994–present
- Net worth: US$6 million
- Spouse(s): Jimmy Gulzar (m. 1998; div. 2000), Stephen Belafonte (m. 2007; div. 2017)
- Partner(s): Max Beesley (2000–2002), Christine Crokos (2002–2006), Eddie Murphy (2006–2007)
- Children: 3
- Genres: R&B, pop
CV Read More Trae Young
Reference Mel B