In 1997, Ortiz made his debut in the Major League, playing for the Minnesota Twins but he suffered from many injuries. He experienced serious knee problems, which finally led to his release by the Twins in 2002.
And, Ortiz signed a contract with the Boston Red Sox in 2003. He mostly did pinch-hit for them but sometimes played as a DH. He proved his real mettle when he was made a permanent DH by Gary Little.
Moreover, David Ortiz amassed 541 home runs and a 286 batting average. He won the World Series three times and won the Silver Slugger, an impressive seven times. Ortiz was voted the Most Valuable Player in the 2013 World Series. In 2017, in honor of David Ortiz, the jersey No. 34 was retired by the Boston Red Sox.
Dominican-American professional baseball player David Ortiz net worth is estimated to be around $22 million as of 2019.
David Ortiz Overview
- Full Name: David Americo Ortiz Arias
- Date of Birth: November 18, 1975
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Career end: 2016
- Height: 1.91 m
- Weight: N/A
- Sun Sign: Scorpio
- Spouse: Tiffany Ortiz (m. 2002)
- Number: 34 (Boston Red Sox / Designated hitter, First baseman)
- Children: D’Angelo Ortiz, Jessica Ortiz, Alexandra Ortiz
- Net Worth: $22 million
CV Read More Marion Cotillard Biography