Biography of Stephen Fry
Stephen Fry is one of the very famous and most trending personality now-a-days in different social media and in Internet as well. Moreover, he is famous as an English comedian, actor and writer. Further, he and Hugh Laurie are the comic double act Fry and Laurie, who starred in A Bit of Fry & Laurie and Jeeves and Wooster.
Similarly, Fry’s acting roles include a Golden Globe Award–nominated lead performance in the film Wilde, Melchett in the BBC television series Blackadder. Likewise, the title character in the television series Kingdom, a recurring guest role as Dr Gordon Wyatt on the crime series Bones. Further, as Gordon Deitrich in the dystopian thriller V for Vendetta. Likewise, he has also written and presented several documentary series, including the Emmy Award–winning Stephen Fry: The Secret Life of the Manic Depressive.
Early life of Stephen Fry
Stephen Fry was born in Hampstead, London on 24 August 1957. Moreover, she was born to Marianne Eve Fry (née Newman) and Alan John Fry, a British physicist and inventor. Likewise, Fry’s father is English, and his paternal grandmother had roots in Kent and Cheshire. Similarly, the Fry family originates in Dorset, at Shillingstone and Blandford. Furthermore, in the early 1800s, Samuel Fry (second son of James Fry, of Shillingstone and Blandford) settled in Surrey, with his descendants residing in Middlesex.
Personal life of Stephen Fry
Moreover, Fry tied a knot to comedian Elliott Spencer in January 2015. Fry is friends with Prince Charles, through his work with the Prince’s Trust. Similarly, he attended the Prince’s wedding to Camilla Parker Bowles in 2005. Furthermore, Fry is a friend of comedian and actor (and Blackadder co-star) Rowan Atkinson and was best man at Atkinson’s wedding to Sunetra Sastry at the Russian Tea Room in New York City.
Likewise, Fry was a friend of British actor John Mills. Moreover, his best friend is Hugh Laurie, whom he met while both were at Cambridge and with whom he has collaborated many times over the years. Similarly, he was best man at Laurie’s wedding and is godfather to all three of his children. Fry became a vegetarian in 2017, having earlier expressed a desire to become so.
View this post on Instagram
Overview of Stephen Fry (14)
- Full Name: Stephen John Fry
- Nick Name: Stephen Fry
- Date of Birth: August 24, 1957
- Age: 61 years
- Birth Place: Hampstead, London, United Kingdom
- Spouse: Elliott Spencer (m. 2015)
- TV shows: QI, Blackadder, Jeeves and Wooster, Kingdom, Bones, MORE
- Movies: V for Vendetta, Wilde, many more
- Education: The College of West Anglia, City College Norwich
- Profession: Actor, comedian, author, journalist, broadcaster, film director
- Active Years: 1981–present
- Title: President of Mind (2011–present), Honorary fellow of Queens’ College, Cambridge, Honorary fellow of Cardiff University, Rector of the University of Dundee (1992–1998)
- Spouse(s): Elliott Spencer (m. 2015)
- Parents: Alan John Fry (father), Marianne Eve Newman (mother)
CV Read More Billie Eilish
Reference Stephen Fry