Darryl Drake was an American football player and coach. His career spanned four decades, including stints as the wide receivers coach of the Chicago Bears, Arizona Cardinals, and Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League (NFL).
Drake played wide receiver for Western Kentucky University from 1975 to 1978. Similarly, Drake played wide receiver for three professional teams, the Washington Redskins in 1979, the Ottawa Rough Riders in 1981, and the Cincinnati Bengals in 1983.
Likewise, Drake coached at the collegiate level for 21 years. He joined the Chicago Bears coaching staff on February 6, 2004. On January 17, 2013, Drake was not retained by new head coach Marc Trestman. Further, he later spent five seasons with the Arizona Cardinals before joining the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2018.
Similarly, Drake and his wife, Sheila, had three daughters. Unfortunately, he died on August 11, 2019, at the age of 62.
- Full Name: Darryl Drake
- Date of Birth: December 11, 1956
- Birth Place: Louisville, Kentucky
- Date of Death: August 11, 2019
- Aged: 62
- Death Place: Latrobe, Pennsylvania
- High school: Louisville (KY) Flaget
- College: Western Kentucky
- Undrafted: since 1979
- Spouse: Sheila Drake (m. ?–2019)
- Team coached: Pittsburgh Steelers (Wide receivers coach, 2018–2019)
- Education: Flaget High School, Western Kentucky University
- Positions: Wide receiver, Coach
CV Read More Amelia Earhart
Reference Darryl Drake