Garth Brooks Overview
- Full Name: Troyal Garth Brooks
- Date of Birth: February 7, 1962
- Birthplace: Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity: White
- Profession: Songwriter, Singer, Guitarist
- Spouse: Trisha Yearwood (m. 2005), Sandy Mahl (m. 1986–2001)
- Height: 6 feet 1 inches
- Weight: 83 Kg
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Blue
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Garth Brooks was born on February 7, 1962, in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Garth Brooks signed with Capitol Records and released his self-titled first album in 1989, which had mild success. Brooks got his start in music singing in bars and clubs while attending Oklahoma State University.
His first album, Garth Brooks (1989), were strong, it would have been hard to predict the amazing success of later releases. Brooks’s second effort, No Fences (1990), sold more than 700,000 copies in its first 10 days on the market.
American Singer Brooks announced at the end of 2000 that he wanted to spend more time with his wife, Sandy, and three daughters, Taylor Mayne Pearl (born 1992), August Anna (1994), and Allie Colleen (1996). He released the album Scarecrow in 2001 which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard charts.
On November 29, 2013, Brooks partnered up with CBS for a live broadcast event.
In July 2014, Brooks announced an upcoming album and world tour. The singer inked a record contract with Sony Music Nashville for his first studio album since 2001’s Scarecrow.
Garth Brooks is an American country music star who has a net worth of $330 million.
Facts of Garth Brooks
- In 2017, he was awarded the Entertainer of the Year during the CMA Awards.
- He jokingly calls himself and his spouse Mr. and Mrs. Yearwood.
- As he states, he can’t but brush his teeth more often than other people do. He has a lot of brushes at home.