Saina Nehwal is a famous and very talented Indian Badminton Player. She was born on 17 March 1990 in Hisar Haryana, India. In addition, she holds an Indian nationality and belongs to Indian ethnicity. Likewise, she was born to a very supportive family. Her parents are Harvir Singh Nehwal and Usha Nehwal. An, she grew up along with her sister. While talking about her academic career, she studied at CSS campus school, Hisar and later she joined St. Ann’s College Mehdipatnam Hyderabad and completed her 12th from there.
Furthermore, she is a married woman of 30 years old. She tied a knot with her boyfriend Parupalli Kashyap in 2018. As for now, they are living happily with each other.
In addition, she is a beautiful woman with a tall and athletic body figure. Similarly, she stands at a height of 5 feet 5 inches and weighs about 58 kg. Furthermore, she looks more attractive with her black colored hair and brown colored eyes.
Likewise, she started playing badminton at an early age. She got an opportunity to play when she was spotted by PSS Nani Prasad Rao, a badminton coach at the Sports Authority of Andhra Pradesh. Later, in 2006, she played badminton and became the first Indian shuttler to win the Philippines Open. The 16-year-old had entered the four-star tournament as the 84th seed. Then after, in 2008, she played the Olympic Games and became the first Indian woman to reach the Olympic Games quarterfinals. Thus, she gained a good name and fame from her successful badminton career. In addition, she won several awards like Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award for badminton, Padma Bhushan award for badminton, etc.
Furthermore, some of her achievement in badminton are listed below:
- In 2009, she became the first under-19 national champion. She won the prestigious Asian Satellite Badminton tournament twice. She created history and becomes the first player to do so.
- In 2008, she became the first Indian to win the world junior Badminton Championship. She defeated Japanese player Sayaka Sato.
- She won the Indonesia Superseries in 2009.
- 2015- Became Runner-up of YONEX All England Open Superseries Premier and finalist of China Open Superseries Premier.
- BWF World Championships Silver Medalist in 2015.
- 2016- quarterfinalist and semifinalist of YONEX All England Open Badminton Championships, China Open Superseries Premier respectively.
- She became Australian Open Superseries Champion in 2016.
- In 2017, she entered the year with maiden Malaysia Open Grand Prix Gold title.
She collected an excellent amount of money from her successful career Thus, she has an estimated net worth of $3 Million.
- Name- Saina Nehwal
- Date of birth- 17 March 1990
- Age- 30 years
- Religion- Hindu
- Father- Harvir Singh Nehwal
- Mother- Usha Nehwal
- Sister- Chandranshu Nehwal
- Husband- Parupalli Kashyap
- Marriage/ Marital Status- Married
- Height- 5’5 approx
- Hobbies – Travelling
- Weight- 58 kg
- Net worth- $3 million