Lena Dunham Overview
- Full Name: Lena Dunham
- Nickname: Lena
- Date of Birth: May 13, 1986
- Birthplace: New York City, New York, United States
- Siblings: Grace Dunham
- Upcoming movie: Once Upon a Time In Hollywood
- Parents: Laurie Simmons, Carroll Dunham
- Profession: Actress, producer, writer, director
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Height: 5 feet 3 inches (160 cm)
- Weight: 66 kg
- Zodiac: Taurus
Lena Dunham was born on 13 May 1986, in New York City, New York, USA. Her nationality is American and she is of Ashkenazi Jewish, English, Scottish, Welsh, and German ethnicity. Lena Dunham is an American actress-writer and director who is best known as the creator, writer, and star of the HBO series Girls (2013-2017).
When Lena is a student at Oberlin College, she produced several independent short films and uploaded them to YouTube. She made her debut as a professional writer, director, and actor in the 2006 short movie Dealing, in which she appeared as Georgia.
Lena Dunham has received numerous Emmy Award nominations and two Golden Globe Awards for her work on Girls.
In 2013, she was included in the Time 100 list of the most influential people in the world and in 2014, Dunham released her first book, Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She’s “Learned”.
Dunham is an American actress and filmmaker who has a net worth of $12 million dollars.
Facts of Lena Dunham
- A first short film, Dealing (2006), premiered at the Slamdance Film Festival in Park City, UT; first feature, Creative Nonfiction (2009), played at South by Southwest in Austin, TX.
- In 2009, was named one of the 25 New Faces of Independent Film by Filmmaker magazine.
- Created HBO’s Girls, which premiered in 2012 and costars high-school friend Jemima Kirke, who was also in Tiny Furniture.
- She also works includes the Web series Tight Shots and Delusional Downtown Divas.