Anne Buydens is an American philanthropist, producer, and occasional actress. She, the member of the International Best Dressed List since 1970. Moreover, she is the widow of actor Kirk Douglas. Similarly, have been tied a knot to him from 1954 to his death in 2020.
Buydens was born in Hanover, Germany. Similarly, Buydens continued her education there and in Switzerland before moving to Paris, where her fluent knowledge of several languages kept her busy subtitling films.
Buydens tied a knot actor Kirk Douglas on 29 May 1954. She had two sons with him: Peter (born 23 November 1955, Los Angeles), and Eric (21 June 1958 – 6 July 2004). Buydens converted to Judaism when she renewed her wedding vows with Douglas in 2004. She became a United States citizen in 1959. She celebrated her one-hundredth birthday in 2019.
One of Buydens’ first forays into philanthropy came on the heels of recovering from breast cancer. Further, with six fellow survivors, Buydens established “Research for Women’s Cancers”, which raised millions of dollars to help finance a research facility at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. Both Kirk Douglas and Buydens were behind the establishment of “Harry’s Haven”, an Alzheimer’s disease unit at the Motion Picture & Television Fund Home in Woodland Hills, which is named after Kirk Douglas’s father.
- Full Name: Hannelore Marx
- Date of Birth: 23 April 1919
- Age: 100
- Birth Place: Hanover, Province of Hanover, Germany
- Other names: Anne Douglas
- Occupation: Philanthropist, producer, actress
- Years active: 1952–present
- Spouse(s): Kirk Douglas (m since 1954; died 2020)
- Children: Peter Douglas, Eric Douglas
- Height: 1.65 m
- Awards: Glamour Award for The Crusaders
- Grandchildren: Ryan Douglas, Kelsey Douglas, Jason Douglas, Tyler Douglas
- Net Worth: N/A
CV Read More Terry Bradshaw
Reference Net Worth of Anne Buydens