Shakira Overview (12)
- Full Name: Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll
- Date of Birth: February 2, 1977
- Birthplace: Barranquilla, Colombia
- Nationality: Colombian
- Height: 1.57 m
- Weight: 65 kg
- Hair Color: Brown
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Partner(s): Antonio de la Rúa (2000–2010); Gerard Piqué (2011 – Present)
- Children: Milan Piqué Mebarak, Sasha Piqué Mebarak
- TV shows: The Voice, El oasis, El Club de Los Tigritos
- Net Worth: US$ 300 million
Grammy-winning pop singer Shakira was born in Barranquilla, Colombia, on February 2, 1977. Shakira Isabel Mebarak Ripoll, better known professionally as Shakira, is a Colombian singer, songwriter, dancer, record producer, businesswoman, philanthropist and goodwill ambassador for UNICEF.
Shakira’s debut album, Magia, was recorded with Sony Music Colombia in 1990 when she was only 13 years old. The songs are a collection made by her since she was eight, mixed pop-rock ballads and disco uptempo songs with electronic accompaniment; however, it was hampered by a lack of cohesion in both its recording and the production. The album was released in June 1991 and featured “Magia” and three other singles.
Shakira is active on social networking sites such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. She keeps on posting her pictures and memory in her authentic social accounts. Her fans can get recent updates about her activities from her account.
- Twitter: Shakira
- Facebook: Shakira
- Instagram: Shakira
- Google Plus: Shakira
- Tumbler: Shakira
- Pinterest: Shakira
Shakira has earned a huge amount of money from her career. Her net worth is about $300 million.
- Shakira can speak several languages. She is fluent in Spanish, English, and Portuguese.
- She was only four when she wrote her first poem.
- She was listed by Forbes as the highest earning female artist of 2008.
- When she was two years old, her oldest half-brother died in an accident while he was riding a motorcycle and a drunk man hit him with his car.
CV Read More Loren Gray's Biography