Gyllene Tider are a Swedish pop group fronted by Roxette-singer, guitarist and songwriter Per Gessle. Similarly, the band has earned a legendary status in Sweden based on their power pop, catchy choruses and lyrics about life in a small town.
In 1977, Per Gessle met Mats Persson, a member of the band Audiovisuellt Angrepp, forming the duo “Grape Rock”. Later Micke Syd Andersson, Anders Herrlin and Göran Fritzon joined and the quintet was born. Since 1985 Gyllene Tider officially broke up after releasing their only album in English; “The Heartland Cafe'”. Per Gessle continued with a solo-career and formed Roxette with Marie Fredriksson in 1986.
Since 2004, the band celebrated its twenty-fifth anniversary with the first new album in over 20 years and a huge summer tour in July and August. The tour, called GT25, was a massive success, being the biggest tour in Scandinavia ever and the second largest of all time in the whole of Europe, gathering well over half a million people all over Sweden.
- Full Name: Gyllene Tider
- Origin: Halmstad, Sweden
- Genres: Pop, rock
- Years active: 1976–1985 (temporary reunions since 1995-1996, 2004, 2010, 2013 and 2019)
- Labels: EMI, Capitol Records
- Associated acts: Roxette, Son of a Plumber, Audiovisuellt Angrepp, Grape Rock
- Members: Per Gessle, Micke Andersson, Mats Persson, Anders Herrlin, Göran Fritzon
- Awards: Grammis Award for Song of the Year, etc.
- Net Worth: $150 million
CV Read More Asnawi Bahar
Reference Net Worth of Gyllene Tider