Table of Contents
Chris Wallace is an American television anchor and political commentator who is the host of the Fox Broadcasting Company/Fox News program Fox News Sunday. Likewise, he worked for NBC between 1975–1989, and ABC between 1989–2003, before joining Fox. Wallace is the only person to have served as host and moderator of more than one of the major American Sunday morning political talk shows, which he did during his time at NBC. Further, Wallace has won three Emmy Awards, the Dupont-Columbia Silver Baton Award, and a Paul White lifetime achievement award.
Early life and early career
Wallace was born in Chicago, Illinois, to longtime CBS 60 Minutes reporter Mike Wallace and Norma Kaphan. Wallace is Jewish and both his parents were Jewish. Similarly, his parents divorced when he was one year old. He grew up in a home with his mother and his stepfather, former CBS News President Bill Leonard. He did not develop a relationship with his biological father until the age of 14. Leonard gave him early exposure to political journalism, hiring him as an assistant to Walter Cronkite at the 1964 Republican National Convention.
Wallace has said that despite his blood relationship with his father, Mike, his stepfather, Bill Leonard, had far more of an impact on his life. Moreover, Wallace said that Leonard was “the single most important person in my life.” Wallace first developed a relationship with his father in his teens, after his older brother Peter died in 1962 climbing a mountain in Greece.
Likewise, Wallace has been married twice. Since 1973, he married Elizabeth Farrell, with whom he has four children: Peter, Megan, Andrew, and Catherine. In 1997, he married Lorraine Smothers (née Martin, born 1959), the former wife of Dick Smothers. Lorraine has two children from her previous marriage: Sarah Smothers and Remick Smothers.
On October 11, 2006, The Washington Post reported that Wallace had been a registered Democrat for more than two decades. Wallace explained his party affiliation as pragmatism, saying that being a Democrat is the only feasible means of participating in the political process in heavily Democratic Washington, DC. He maintained that he had voted for candidates from both major parties in the past.
- Full Name: Christopher W. Wallace
- Date of Birth: October 12, 1947
- Age: 72 years
- Birth Place: Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Height: 1.78 m
- Children: Peter Farrell Wallace, Megan Wallace, Andrew Wallace, MORE
- Education: The Hotchkiss School (1965), Harvard College, Harvard University
- Alma mater: Harvard University
- Occupation: Host of Fox News Sunday
- Years active: since 1964–present
- Political party: Democratic
- Spouse(s): Elizabeth Jane Farrell (m. since 1973; div.), Lorraine (Martin) Smothers (m. 1997)
- Parent(s): Norma Kaphan (mother), Mike Wallace (father), Bill Leonard (stepfather)
- Net Worth: $12 million dollars
CV Read More Sean Payton
Reference Net Worth of Chris Wallace