Who is Snoop Dogg?
Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr., is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, producer, and actor. He first gained prominence in the early 1990s and is one of the most recognizable and influential figures in the hip-hop and rap music industry. He is a respected figure in the entertainment industry, known for his contributions to music, pop culture, and his enduring influence on the genre of hip-hop.
He is known for his unique vocal style, laid-back delivery, and distinctive persona, which often incorporates elements of West Coast gangsta rap culture. Snoop Dogg’s debut album, “Doggystyle,” was released in 1993 and became an instant hit, establishing him as a major player in the rap scene.
Snoop Dogg height is 6 feet 4 inch (194 centimeters), and his weight is around 170 pounds (77 kilograms).
Snoop Dogg: Age, Parents, Siblings, Ethnicity, Education
Snoop Dogg was born on October 20, 1971, which would make him around 52 years old as of 2023.
Snoop Dogg’s parents are Vernell Varnado and Beverly Broadus Green. He has several siblings, including half-brothers and half-sisters. His ethnicity is African American.
Snoop Dogg attended Long Beach Polytechnic High School in Long Beach, California. He was a member of the Rollin’ 20 Crips gang during his teenage years, which is a topic he has referenced in his music.
Snoop Dogg: Professional Life, Career
Snoop Dogg’s professional life and career have been incredibly diverse and successful.
Snoop Dogg’s music career began when he was discovered by Dr. Dre, a prominent hip-hop producer and rapper. He made his first appearance on Dre’s album “The Chronic” in 1992, which helped him gain recognition. In 1993, Snoop Dogg released his debut album, “Doggystyle,” which became a massive hit and is considered one of the most important and influential rap albums in history. The album’s success propelled Snoop Dogg to stardom.
Snoop Dogg continued to release successful albums, including “Tha Doggfather” (1996), “Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told” (1998), and “No Limit Top Dogg” (1999). He also collaborated with various artists and maintained his status as a prominent figure in the hip-hop scene. Snoop Dogg’s career continued to evolve in the 2000s. He released albums such as “Tha Last Meal” (2000), “Paid tha Cost to Be da Boss” (2002), and “R&G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece” (2004). He also ventured into acting, appearing in movies like “Training Day” (2001) and “Starsky & Hutch” (2004).
Snoop Dogg’s career diversification continued in the 2010s. He released albums like “Doggumentary” (2011) and “Bush” (2015), which explored different musical styles. He also collaborated with artists from various genres, including pop and electronic music. Snoop Dogg’s unique personality and media presence led to various opportunities, such as hosting a cooking show with Martha Stewart called “Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party.”
Snoop Dogg remained active in the 2020s, releasing albums like “From Tha Streets 2 Tha Suites” (2021) and “Algorithm” (2022). He continued his entrepreneurial endeavors, including his line of cannabis products called “Leafs by Snoop” and other business ventures.
Throughout his career, Snoop Dogg has maintained his status as a cultural icon and an enduring presence in the entertainment industry, with his music, persona, and contributions leaving a lasting impact on hip-hop and popular culture.
Snoop Dogg: Net Worth, Salary
Snoop Dogg is an American rapper, singer, songwriter, producer, and actor has an estimated net worth of around $165 million in 2023. He has had a highly successful and diverse career in the music industry, acting, entrepreneurship, and other ventures, which has contributed significantly to his net worth.
Snoop Dogg: Rumors, Controversy
- Snoop Dogg has been an influential and controversial figure in the world of hip-hop, known for his distinct style, advocacy for the legalization of marijuana, and his involvement in various social and political issues.
- Some of Snoop Dogg’s music videos have faced controversy for their explicit content, sexual imagery, and depiction of drug use. These videos have led to discussions about the impact of media on young audiences.
- Snoop Dogg’s lyrics have often been criticized for promoting violence, drug use, and misogyny. His explicit and controversial content has sparked debates about the influence of rap lyrics on youth culture and society at large.
What is the Relationship of Snoop Dogg?
Snoop Dogg is married to Shante Taylor. The couple have three children together: sons Cordé, and Cordell, and daughter Cori.
Snoop Dogg: Social Media
Snoop Dogg is an active user of social media platforms such as YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. He uses these platforms to connect with his fans, share his experiences as a Singer.
Snoop Dogg Twitter handle is @SnoopDogg and he has over 20.7 million followers on this platform where he shares thoughts, interacts with fans, and promotes his projects.
Snoop Dogg’s Instagram account @snoopdogg. He has over 80.4 million followers on this platform. He shares photos, videos, and stories, giving fans a glimpse into his daily life, music, and various ventures.
Facts of Snoop Dogg
- Snoop Dogg real name is Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr. was born on October 20, 1971, in Long Beach, California, USA.
- The nickname “Snoop Doggy Dogg” was given to him by his mother because of his appearance, but he later shortened it to Snoop Dogg.
- His debut album, “Doggystyle,” released in 1993, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart and sold over 800,000 copies in its first week.
- His distinctive style, characterized by his smooth flow, laid-back delivery, and unique vocal tone, has earned him a significant place in the history of rap music.
- Snoop Dogg holds the Guinness World Record for the largest paradise cocktail, which he made at the Bottlerock Napa Valley music festival in 2018.
- He has appeared in several films and TV shows, including “Training Day,” “Starsky & Hutch,” and “Half Baked.”
- Snoop Dogg has been involved in various business ventures, including his own line of cannabis products called “Leafs by Snoop” and a digital media company called Merry Jane.
- He has collaborated with a wide range of artists from various genres, including pop, rock, and electronic music.
- Snoop Dogg has been involved in various philanthropic activities, including his support for organizations that provide scholarships to underprivileged youth and his advocacy for anti-gun violence initiatives.