Who is Tom Hanks?
Tom Hanks is an American actor and filmmaker. He was born on July 9, 1956, in Concord, California, USA. His full name is Thomas Jeffrey Hanks.
Tom Hanks is one of the most celebrated and respected actors in Hollywood, known for his versatility and ability to portray a wide range of characters. He is best known for playing in movies such as Forrest Gump, Cast Away, Saving Private Ryan, etc.
Beyond his contributions to the entertainment industry, Hanks is recognized for his philanthropic efforts and activism. He has been involved in various charitable causes, including supporting cancer research, veterans’ organizations, and disaster relief efforts.
Tom Hanks: Height, Weight
Tom stands at the height of 6 feet 0 inch and weigh around 80 Kg.
Tom Hanks: Age, Parents, Siblings, Ethnicity, Education
Tom is 67 years old as he wad born on 9 July 1956.
The American actor was born to Amos Mefford Hanks and Janet Marylyn Frager. Tom has three siblings including, older sister Sandra Hanks, older brother Larry Hanks, and younger brother Jim Hanks.
He is of English ethnicity. Tom is an American citizen.
Tom studied at Skyline High School. He then got enrolled in Chabot College. He later went to California State University but later dropped out.
Tom Hanks: Professional Life, Career
The American actor started his acting career in the late 1970s with appearances in various TV shows and films. However, Tom gained recognition for his role in the sitcom, Bosom Buddies in the early 1980s. Hanks is known for his dedication to his roles and his commitment to authenticity. He is praised for his ability to connect with audiences through his genuine and relatable portrayals. He is also known for his professionalism on set and collaborative approach to filmmaking, earning the admiration of his co-stars and crew members.
Likewise, he has played in several movies, shows, and TV series, some of his renowned works are:
- Forrest Gump: He played the role of Forrest Gump in the movie. It became so popular that Amir Khan played Laal Singh Chaddha, a Hindi remake of it.
- Philadelphia: Hanks delivered a powerful performance as Andrew Beckett, a man living with HIV/AIDS fighting against discrimination, which earned him his first Academy Award for Best Actor.
- Saving Private Ryan: In this World War II epic, Hanks played Captain John Miller, displaying his talent for giving intricate battlefield characters depth and realism.
- Catch Me If You Can: He played the role of FBI agent alongside Leonardo DiCaprio.
Tom Hanks is not just an accomplished actor; he has also ventured into filmmaking and production. He made his directorial debut with the musical comedy “That Thing You Do!” (1996) and has since produced several successful films and television shows.
Tom Hanks: Net Worth, Salary
Hanks has an estimated net worth of $400 million.
Tom Hanks: Rumors, Controversy
There are no known rumors and controversies about Tom.
What is the Relationship Status of Tom Hanks?
Talking about his relationship status, he is in a relationship with:
- Samantha Lewes: He got married to Samantha 24 January 1978. The couple got separated in 1985 and got divorced in 1987. Actor Colin Hanks is their son. They also have a daughter named Ann Hanks.
- Rita Wilson: He then started his relationship with Rita Wilson. The two have been together ever since. They have two children, including Chester Marlon Hanks and Truman Theodore Hanks.
Tom Hanks: Social media
Facts About Tom Hanks
- He is a fan of Aston Villa.
- Tom is a Democrat.
- He played the music video for Carly Rae Jepsen’s “I Really Like You”.
- In May 2023, Tom received an Honorary Doctorate of Arts degree from Harvard University.
- His favorite artist is Elvis Presley.
- Her believes in Greek Orthodox.